If your application for benefits is denied, wholly or in part, the Fund Office will provide you with a written notice that will include:
- The specific reasons for the denial;
- Specific references to the Plan provisions on which the denial is based;
- A description of any additional information necessary as well as an explanation of why such information is necessary;
- A description of the steps you will need to take if you wish to appeal; and
- A statement of your rights, under ERISA, to bring a civil action.