If coverage terminates for any reason while benefits are being paid under the Comprehensive Major Medical Benefit, benefits may be extended if:
- The eligible person was Totally Disabled on the date coverage terminated,
- Expenses were incurred in connection with the Injury or Sickness causing such Total Disability, and
- The total maximum amount of benefits, if any, have not been paid.
Benefits will continue until the earliest of:
- The end of the calendar year following the calendar year in which coverage terminated,
- The date that the total amount of benefits have been paid, or
- The date that you are no longer Totally Disabled.
No benefits will be payable after the above date for that disability nor will any benefits be payable with respect to separate disabilities beginning after coverage terminated.