The date used to calculate and pay your benefits under the Plan, generally, the first day of the first month after or coincident with the later of:
- The first day of the month following your submission of a completed application for benefits; or
- 30 days after the Plan advises you of your available payment options.
The Effective Date may occur and benefits may begin before the end of the 30-day period, provided:
- You (and your spouse, if applicable) consent in writing to beginning payments before the end of the 30-day period, but no earlier than seven days before your Effective Date;
- Your benefit was previously being paid because of an election after Normal Retirement Age; or
- Your benefit is being paid automatically as a Lump-Sum Payment under the provisions of the Plan.
The Effective Date for a beneficiary or alternate payee under a Qualified Domestic Relations Order will be determined as stated above, except that references to spousal consent do not apply.
The Effective Date will not be later than the Required Beginning Date.